Measles, Immunizations and Finding Accurate Health Information with MedlinePlus
Title: Measles, Immunizations and Finding Accurate Health Information with MedlinePlus
- Aimee Gogan, Technical Information Specialist, U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Andrew Plumer, Reference Librarian, U.S. National Library of Medicine
This webinar provides an overview of MedlinePlus with a focus on locating measles and vaccination information. Presenters also describe the suite of free consumer health classes offered by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) and the process of earning the Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS). After this presentation, viewers should be able to:
- Explain why MedlinePlus is an authoritative source of health information for consumers/patients.
- Identify and navigate the MedlinePlus Childhood Immunization health topic page.
- Identify and navigate the MedlinePlus Measles health topic page.
- Recognize the benefits of acquiring skills to provide health information services to consumers and earning the CHIS.