GovInfo Collection Development Plan: Version 7 Released
GPO’s System of Online Access | Collection Development Plan has been updated for fiscal year 2022 and is available on FDLP.gov. This revision reflects content added to GovInfo in FY 2021.
GovInfo ingest priorities include digitizing historic volumes of congressional publications: hearings, committee prints, reports, and documents. Additional ingest priorities include publications in the U.S. Congressional Serial Set, the Journals of the House of Representatives and Senate, the Congressional Directory, Daily Depository Shipping Lists, and multiple annual reports of executive branch agencies.
The plan also describes titles that will be digitized as part of the U.S. Statutes at Large project, a multi-year collaborative effort to digitize the remaining volumes from 1789-1950 and provide access to all volumes, including years 1951-2002 already available, in USLM-XML.
The FDLP community is an integral partner in GPO’s efforts to expand access to the National Collection of U.S. Government Public Information by contributing tangible publications and digital content. Consider the various ways your library can participate:
- The GPO Needs Lists LibGuide is continuously updated with materials needed for digitization. If your depository is weeding any of the volumes listed, and materials are not claimed within your region, please contact [email protected]v to offer materials to GPO.
- If your depository is offering materials through FDLP eXchange, your offers will match to GPO’s Needs List automatically if your account is configured to offer nationally. Offers help keep weeded materials in the National Collection by finding a new home in another depository library or fulfilling GPO’s digitization needs.
- If you are not offering nationally, you can view GPO’s Needs list in the Needs & Offers Repository in FDLP eXchange. Use the ‘Message Library’ feature to offer material to GPO after your regional has approved the material for discard. GPO will cover the shipping costs of materials needed for digitization.
- If your depository does not use FDLP eXchange and is weeding any of the volumes listed, and materials are not claimed within your region, please contact [email protected]v to offer materials to GPO.
- As a Digital Content Contributor, your library can support the National Collection by providing digital content that meets GPO specifications.
Thank you to all the Federal depository libraries that have contributed both tangible and digitized publications to increase access to the National Collection.