International Internet Preservation Consortium’s Web Archiving Conference, May 23-25, 2022
This message is being posted on behalf of the Web Archiving Conference Organizing Committee.
Registration is now open for the International Internet Preservation Consortium’s Web Archiving Conference (WAC), May 23-25, 2022. This year’s conference will be free and held online, and is organized in partnership with the Library of Congress, one of the IIPC’s founding members.
The conference will be a mix of pre-recorded presentations made available to registrants ahead of WAC and live Q&A sessions during the conference. The draft program for the WAC is available.
Sessions will focus on a variety of web archiving and digital preservation topics, including social media archiving, teaching the hows and whys of creating and using web archives, using web archives for research, preserving electronic literature and digital art, and collaborative collections.
The event will also feature an online panel organized by the Library of Congress and the IIPC as part of the 2022 Web Archiving Conference. This panel brings together library subject experts, researchers, and historians to discuss the value of web archiving and potential uses for content collected and preserved by cultural heritage institutions.
- Jennifer (JJ) Harbster, Head, Science Reference Section in the Library of Congress Science, Technology and Business Division
- Elizabeth (Beth) Osborne, Senior Legal Reference Librarian at the Law Library of Congress
- Benjamin Lee, Ph.D. candidate in the Paul G. Allen School for Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Washington
- Amelia Acker, Assistant Professor and Director, Critical Data Studies Lab, The University of Texas at Austin | School of Information
- Host/Welcome: Abbie Grotke, Assistant Head, Digital Content Management Section (Web Archiving Program), Library of Congress
- Moderator: Ian Milligan, Associate Professor of History and Associate Vice-President, Research Oversight and Analysis, University of Waterloo
For updates, please follow the conference website and Twitter (@netpreserve, #iipcGA22, #iipcWAC22, #WhyWebArchiving).