Discontinuation of Microfiche Distribution: Project Update
The Discontinuation of Microfiche Distribution to FDLP Libraries project is nearing completion. The last issues to be converted to microfiche for FDLP distribution have been sent to the contractor and will be distributed once processing is complete. Please see below for details and the latest updates.
- Daily Congressional Record will cease FDLP microfiche distribution with the end of the 117th Congress. The final distributed issue will be: Vol. 168, Issue 204, January 3, 2023.
- Federal Register will cease FDLP microfiche distribution with the end of calendar year 2022. The final distributed issue will be: Vol. 87, no. 250, December 30, 2022.
- List of CFR Sections Affected will cease FDLP microfiche distribution. The final distributed issue will be: October 2022.
- Bound Congressional Record will cease FDLP microfiche distribution, but the distribution of some issues has been delayed. The final distributed issue will be: Vol. 162, Part 11, shipping list 2022-0088-M.
- Congressional hearings and reports (Y1/Y4) ceased FDLP microfiche distribution with shipping list 2022-0078-M.
- A small number of microfiche records were created for Y1/Y4 materials that were not distributed in microfiche. We have removed these unnecessary records from the CGP, and OCLC will delete the unnecessary records in the near future. We have provided a MARC record set of the deleted records in our CGP on GitHub repository, as well as CSV files of the records that must be deleted or updated, so that libraries can update their local records as necessary. WEBTech Notes have been created for all affected titles.
- Item numbers for MF formats have not been deactivated yet, so you will still see them in DSIMS and the List of Classes. We anticipate deactivating these item numbers in early 2023.