The mission of the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) is to provide free, ready, and permanent public access to Federal Government information, now and for future generations.
The vision of the FDLP is to provide Government information when and where it is needed in order to create an informed citizenry and an improved quality of life.
This mission is achieved through:
- Organizing processes that enable desired information to be identified and located.
- Expert assistance rendered by trained professionals in a network of libraries.
- Collections of publications at a network of libraries.
- Archived online information dissemination products from GovInfo, Federal agency Web sites, and partner Web sites.
FDLP’s values are:
- Access: No fee access for anyone, from anywhere, to use Federal depository resources or services.
- Collections: Tangible and online collections of official Federal information dissemination products built to support user and community needs.
- Collaboration and Communication: A strong depository library network built on transparent, open communication and collaboration between and among depository libraries, Federal agencies, and GPO.
- Expertise and Professionalism: Dedicated and knowledgeable staff in depository libraries; dedicated to the mission of the FDLP, to increasing their knowledge, and to their profession.
- Service: Enrich one’s library experience by providing quality user‐centric services; strong commitment to service.
- Stewardship: Good stewards of the resources entrusted to us by the American people.