Federal Depository Library Directory and Library Addresses
Federal Depository Library Directory
The Federal Depository Library Directory (Directory) lists all FDLP libraries and their library type, size, designation status, contact information, and more.
All Federal depository libraries must have current information in the Directory to facilitate contact by the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO), other libraries, and the public. Depository staff are responsible for keeping Directory information up-to-date.
To edit the information in the Directory, you must be the designated depository coordinator. Edits to the Directory are made by logging in to askGPO and clicking on “My FDL”.
When the depository coordinator position is vacant, provide an interim or temporary point of contact in the coordinator name, phone number, and email address fields. The coordinator position should never be left blank.
The Depository staff view is found on the askGPO website and can only be seen by those who are logged in to the site. Here you can:
- Log in to make updates to library information (only if you are the designated depository coordinator).
- If you are the depository coordinator and do not have a login, please contact GPO’s Federal Depository Support Services at [email protected].
- If you work at a depository library but are not the coordinator, you can ask the coordinator to request an askGPO login for you. The designated coordinator should click “Request Login” on the askGPO website to make this request.
- Note: There are some fields, such as Congressional District or CRDP fields, which you will not be able to modify. If you believe there is inaccurate or outdated content in a field that you are unable to edit, please email [email protected].
- View depository coordinator’s email address, library director email address, Library Notes, and CRDP fields.
The Public view of the Directory is found on the FDLP.gov site. Here you can:
- Retrieve a list of libraries by state or territory from a map.
- Search by keyword or use advanced search options.
- Print or export information.
- Note: The depository coordinator’s email address, the library director’s email address, Library
Notes, and CRDP fields are not visible in the public view.
Library Address Information
Building and First Class Mail Address – maintained in the Directory
FDLP coordinators maintain these addresses.
The FDL Directory contains your library’s physical building address and first class mailing address for correspondence.
Log into the Directory via askGPO to make updates to these addresses. There are separate fields for the street and mailing addresses which may be used if needed. You can also update the name of the library or parent institution.
Depository Shipment and Courier Address – viewed in DSIMS
GPO staff maintain these addresses.
Depository boxes or shipments are delivered by couriers, with certain exceptions for more remote areas of the country. For this reason, a library cannot have a P.O. Box as a shipping address. To update your library’s shipping address, contact GPO through askGPO or [email protected] to ensure all shipments are received.
Temporary Address Changes
You may make address changes as often as needed. If you move your collection or services to a temporary location during a building remodel, update the FDL Directory and contact GPO through askGPO or [email protected] to update DSIMS. For more information please see the Moving Collections and Disruptions to Service guidance article.