Webinar: Discovering a Gold Mine of U.S. Government Information: Exploring the HathiTrust Catalog and Its Rich Veins
- Last Updated: August 15 2014
- Published: August 13 2014
A live training webinar, "Discovering a Gold Mine of U.S. Government Information: Exploring the HathiTrust Catalog and Its Rich Veins," will be offered Thursday, September 25.
- Start time: 2:00 pm Eastern Time
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Speaker: Bert Chapman; Government Information, Political Science, & Economics Librarian; Professor of Library Science; Purdue University
- Learning outcomes: The digitization of thousands of U.S. Government documents by the HathiTrust catalog and its participating institutions expands access to a tremendous volume of historical U.S. Government information not digitally accessible through GPO or agency Web sites. This webinar will demonstrate how users can find historical information such as agency annual reports, Congressional hearings, statistics, and numerous other materials on historically significant and contemporarily relevant Government policymaking issues.
- Expected level of knowledge for participants: No prerequisite knowledge required.
The webinar is free, but registration is required. Upon registering, a confirmation email, which includes instructions for joining the webinar, will be sent to you.
GPO’s eLearning platform is now presenting webinars using WebEx. In order to attend or present at a GPO-hosted webinar, a WebEx plug-in must be installed in your internet browser(s). Download instructions.
You can also view archived webinars. Subscribe to the RSS feed to be alerted when new webinars are posted to the archive.