FDLP Basic Collection Updated to Include Congress.gov and USA.gov
Congress.gov and USA.gov are vital sources of information that support the public’s right to know about the workings and essential activities of the Federal Government. As such, they have been added to the FDLP Basic Collection.
Since every library is required to have the titles in the FDLP Basic Collection accessible for immediate use, please review your access points for these two new Basic Collection resources.
- Title: Congress.gov
- SuDoc Class Number: LC 1.54/2-3:
- Item Number: 0785-R-06
- CGP System Number: 914125
- OCLC Number: 811614921
- Title: USA.gov
- SuDoc Class Number: GS 1.40:
- Item Number: 0559-J-02
- CGP System Number: 531955
- OCLC Number: 46604325
How your library provides access to the titles in the Basic Collection is a local decision. You may provide access by one or a combination of the following:
- Catalog each title in your local catalog, including active hyperlinks in the bibliographic record.
- Catalog the Basic Collection using a collection level record and include an active hyperlink.
- Catalog the Basic Collection in a shared or consortial catalog where the default option is to search records of all libraries.
- Link to all the titles in the Basic Collection from your library’s website.
- One option is to link to an FDLP LibGuide entitled “FDLP Basic Collection: Core U.S. Government Resources,” designed for general public access.
- If you prefer to keep your library’s users on your pages or guides, create links to the resources within your own site.
- Purchase and make available commercial equivalents (tangible or electronic) of the Basic Collection titles.
- Incorporate Basic Collection titles into topical bibliographies or guides.
- Acquire the print format, if desired, by selecting corresponding item numbers. Catalog the receipts.
For questions, please contact GPO’s Office of Outreach & Support in Library Services & Content Management at 202-512-1119 or [email protected].