Lost Docs Reporting

Not all Federal publications have been cataloged and disseminated through the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP). These are known as fugitive documents or "LostDocs.”

Report fugitive documents to the FDLP for cataloging and archiving by using the askGPO service.

  • Under Category, please select “Federal Depository Libraries” and then the subcategory “Fugitive publications/LostDocs.”
  • Also, please include as much of the following information as possible to better process your request:
    • Title
    • Publishing agency
    • Publication date
    • Format (e.g.: CD, DVD, Online, Print)
    • URL to the information product
    • OCLC number
    • Other details to identify the publication