- AACR2, chapters 22, 26
- LCRIs, chapters 22, 26 (GPO followed all LCRIs)
- MARC 21 Format for Authority Data: relevant fields
- DCM Z1: relevant fields (Always consult and follow, unless instructed otherwise)
- PCC document: "MARC 21 Encoding to Accommodate New RDA Elements 046 and 3XX in NARs and SARs"
- NACO Participants' Manual
- NACO home page (includes: documentation & updates, cataloging FAQs, and training)
- PCC Post RDA Implementation Guidelines and Standards (updates, guidelines)
- Frequently Asked Questions: Program for Cooperative Cataloging and RDA (PCC-RDA-FAQ Update 20130401)
- NACO Normalization
- RDA and LC-PCC PSs, chapters 8, 9 (GPO follows all LC-PCC PSs)
100 – Authorized Access Point
ǂq – Fuller Form of Name
Authority records that are coded AACR2 may follow different instructions than RDA for including the fuller form of name. "Unless otherwise changing an existing heading (e.g., conflict), do not change an existing AACR2 or RDA heading merely to add or remove a fuller form of name." (LC-PCC PS 184.108.40.206) If changing an existing 100 field in an authority record, the record must be re-coded to RDA, and RDA 220.127.116.11 and especially, LC-PCC PS 18.104.22.168, must be followed.
400 – See From Tracing-Personal Name
For a former authorized access point: See the "FAQ on creating Personal Name Authority Records (NARs) for NACO" on the NACO Web site, question 13: "When should an AACR2 established (1XX) form be included as a variant access point (4XX) when the AACR2 NAR is evaluated and re-coded to RDA? ... Make a see reference for the old valid form of heading, with ǂw nnea, unless the reference itself is a valid RDA variant access point, in which case use ǂw nne. In case of doubt, use ǂw nnea." Be sure to apply the rules of NACO Normalization.
678 – Biographical or Historical Data (RDA 9.17)
Optional: may be included if biographical data is readily available and does not require significant time to construct. The first indicator will usually be coded "blank," since a biographical sketch is usually too time-consuming to construct. No source needs to be cited for the 678 field.