Federal Depository Library Directory
- Last Updated: February 15 2013
- Published: February 11 2013
The Federal Depository Library Directory (FDLD) contains location and contact information on Federal depository libraries.
This information provides the public with the ability to locate and contact a Federal depository library. It also provides the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) with library information that is needed for a variety of uses, such as first class mailing address and the contact information for your institution's coordinator and director.
Search and Export
The FDLD provides contact details and information on Federal depository libraries. The data is searchable and exportable.
Update Your Profile
Log in with your library number and GPO-issued internal password anytime and from anywhere to keep your libray's information up-to-date.
Drive Traffic to Your Library
Keep your information current so the public can locate your library and services.
There are two ways to access the FDLD, depending on usage:
- Public Usage
- Provides access to a clickable map of depository libraries by state or territory as well as a fielded search form.
- Depository/GPO Usage
- Provides access to:
- Update your depository's contact information
- Your depository's Z39.50 password
- Additional fields
- Additional search and export options
To login, use your library number and GPO-issued internal password. If you forgot your password, use the lost password feature. The email must match the one on file. Your depository's password will be sent to the email address of the depository coordinator on file.
Some information is publicly accessible, while other information is restricted to library and GPO staff. When logged in, depositories have access to additional search and export options.
The following are examples of data fields in the FDLD:
- Public address and telephone number
- Names and contact information for the library director and coordinator
- Shipping address
- Library number, type, and size
- Designation year
- Depository type
- Congressional district
User-based instructions are available for both access types:
- Public Usage: Click on the "help" option from the left-hand menu.
- Depository/GPO Usage: Log in to access depository-specific instructions from the "help" option from the left-hand menu.