Webinar: Discover Government Information Online: A digital government information expertise and referral reference tool
- Last Updated: July 08 2014
- Published: July 08 2014
A live training webinar, "Discover Government Information Online: A digital government information expertise and referral reference tool" will be offered Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
- Start time: 2 pm Eastern Time
- Duration: 60 minutes
- John Shuler, Associate Professor, Government Information Librarian/Bibliographer for the College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Cindy Etkin, Senior Program Planning Specialist, U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO)
- Learning outcomes: This webinar provides an overview of Government Information Online (GIO), an online tool for researchers requesting government information research. It includes information so that interested Government information librarians can volunteer in providing reference support. Attendees will learn about OCLC's QuestionPoint software, how to submit questions, and how to respond to questions. Attendees will learn about GPO’s partnership with GIO, when to use GIO vs. askGPO, and how GIO fits into the future of the Federal Depository Library Program.
- Expected level of knowledge for participants: none required
The webinar is free, but registration is required. Upon registering, an email confirmation of registration will include instructions for joining the webinar.
You can also view archived webinars here. Subscribe to the RSS feed to be alerted when new webinars are posted to the archive.
**ATTENTION! A special note for registrants with mail filters - especially Federal and military agencies**
GPO’s eLearning platform is now presenting webinars using WebEx. In order to attend or present at a GPO-hosted webinar, a WebEx plug-in must be installed in your internet browser(s). Download instructions.