Expanding the Forecast Framework: Engage & Discuss
- Last Updated: January 06 2014
- Published: November 12 2013
A FDLP Virtual Conference
December 3-5 and December 10-12, 2013
For those who could not attend the virtual sessions, or who have more thoughts to share, it’s not too late to “Engage & Discuss.” We invite everyone to participate in ongoing discussions about the various programs from the conference.
View the program recording(s), and then use the “Contribute” button at the bottom of the screen to post any comments or pose questions. You also can respond to the comments of others. If you did not attend virtual sessions, you will be prompted to register in order to post a contribution to the site.
GPO appreciates your continued input into the FDLP Forecast Study. For more information about the FDLP Forecast Study, see the Study project page.
About the Conference
This participatory conference featured focused discussions facilitated by members of the Depository Library Council. We invited you to share your comments on several topics related to the future of the FDLP, including:
- Depository library collaboration
- Building a National Bibliography
- Increasing Federal depository library relevance
- Resolving barriers to digital access
- Promoting the FDLP
- Microfiche distribution
Additional programs included:
- Welcoming remarks from Mary Alice Baish, Superintendent of Documents
- Library Services and Content Management Update by Jane Sánchez, Director, LSCM
- Overview of the FDLP Forecast Study Summary, Methodology, and Analysis
- GPO’s Next Generation Federal Digital System
- Overview of library services during the Government shutdown
- Digitization guidelines and specifications