The U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) has made the United States Policy and Supporting Positions, or the “The Plum Book,” available in print and online.
The Plum Book is alternately prepared after each Presidential election by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and the Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs. It provides comprehensive information on more than 8,000 Federal civil service leadership and support positions in the legislative and executive branches of the Federal Government. These positions may be subject to noncompetitive appointment.
In addition to being available on FDsys, the 2012 Plum Book has been released for the first time as an app. The Plum Book app allows users to view the publication in an easy to use mobile format and search the publication by agency, position title, location, appointment type, pay plan and level, tenure and term expiration, and vacancy.
The Plum Book will be distributed to Federal depository libraries under:
- Title: Policy and Supporting Positions, (Plum Book), December 1, 2012, 112th Congress, 2d Session
- Class: Y 4.G 74/7:P 75/6/2012
- Item Number: 1016-A (Paper), 1016-B (Microfiche)
- Shipping List: 2013-0036-P (December 10, 2013)
- PURL: http://purl.access.gpo.gov/GPO/LPS6760 (FDsys), http://purl.fdlp.gov/GPO/gpo31885 (Mobile App)
- CGP System Number: 000326012 (P), 000630881 (EL)
In addition, copies are available for purchase from the U.S. Government Bookstore under S/N: 052-070-07648-8.