PURL Architecture Migration
- Last Updated: November 20 2012
- Published: April 20 2010
GPO is pleased to announce that a contract for upgrading the PURL Server architecture and hosting the new solution has been awarded to Zepheira. The new PURL architecture provides greater flexibility, new features, and the scalability to face an increased demand for PURLs. GPO is currently in the process of migrating to this new architecture (PURLS to PURLZ.)
This transition boasts many benefits, including:
- A more robust system architecture
- Immediate system back-up through synchronization
- Immediate system fail-over
- Enhanced statistical reporting
- Enhanced Web referral reporting
- Improved speed for resolution of redirects
The targeted date for the transition to this new architecture is summer 2010.
More information will be forthcoming at the Spring Depository Library Council Meeting in Buffalo, New York (April 26 – 28, 2010) and via the FDLP Desktop and fdlp-l.