Written on Monday, 01 August 2011
Today, the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) debuts the first issue of a new newsletter, FDLP Connection, which aims to highlight the goals, achievements, activities, and stories from throughout the Federal Depository Library Program.
Designed to instruct, inspire, and educate, this monthly Web-based newsletter features:
- Columns from the Superintendent of Documents and the Depository Library Council.
- The organizations and staff within GPO that work behind the scenes to produce, protect, preserve, and distribute documents of our democracy.
- Insights from GPO staff, depository librarians, Federal agencies, and other FDL community members as they share their knowledge and expertise.
- Depositories and partnerships that are making a difference to provide free public access to and long-term preservation of Federal Government information.
- Updates on GPO projects related to the FDLP.
- Tidbits and tips about the FDLP and how to market services to your local community.
The first edition includes stories ranging from challenges faced by today’s information preservationists to how a Federal depository library uncovered the theft of Federal publications and warning signs to prevent future theft.
Read the first edition on the FDLP Desktop. Sign-up to receive future issues via email as they are released.
Help make FDLP Connection a success by contributing content and submitting suggestions for how we can improve the service through askGPO. A form will be available in the near future on the FDLP Desktop to submit feedback, suggestions, and content submissions.