Revising the Superseded Guidelines
- Last Updated: October 25 2012
- Published: October 25 2012
During the Fall 2008 Depository Library Conference, the regional depository libraries discussed the current superseded guidelines and whether there was a continued need for a written list of superseded titles. Based on input received, Library Services and Content Management (LSCM) revised the Superseded Guidelines that accompanied the 2002 Superseded List.
LSCM used the following approach to revise the guidelines:
- Refine the existing supersession guidelines;
- Incorporate examples for reference purposes; and
- Bring it in line with substitution guidelines.
GPO invited comments from December 17, 2009 though January 29, 2010 on the . GPO is currently reviewing the submissions and will amend the guidelines as appropriate. The community will be notified when the final guidelines are issued.