Superintendent of Documents (SuDocs) Classification Scheme
- Last Updated: January 28 2015
- Published: February 04 2014
Revisions to SuDocs Classification Practices
Revision 1: Visitor/Recreation Guides for the National Forests
In October 2014, a change in LSCM policy was made regarding the classification of Visitor/Recreation Guides for National Forests in order to establish more consistent classification practices for these publications.
Changes are as follows:
- A 13.36/2-6: entry in the List of Classes has been changed to: A 13.36/2-6: Recreation/Visitors Guides (National Forests and Regions) (P) (0086-C-05)
- These publications are now cuttered for the National Forest, NOT the Recreation Guide number, such as R5-RG-216.
- For example:
- San Bernardino National Forest will be SA 5 B
- San Juan National Forest will be SA 5
- J San Isabelle National Forest will be SA 5
- Uinta National Forest will be: UI 5
- Wasatch National Forest will be W 27
Class corrections for previous titles in this SuDoc stem that were classed using the numbered series will not be re-classed.